A few tips and questions to ponder from Jacqueline Boltik, cofounder and CEO of the newish digital consultancy Yellow Brim:
- Does your “open rate” refer to unique open rate, or total open rate?
- Have you thought about more tailored metrics/goals other than open rate??
- Is your email mobile-responsive, making it easier for people on phones to read?
- Is that “friend” you forwarded an email to hitting unsubscribe, and therefore unknowingly unsubscribing you?
- Can you do something for people who consistently forward your emails?
- If you have double opt-in, is the language clear or are you putting people in a limbo?
- Is the email you’re sending too big?