This is a five-part series covering how local and national organizations can work together. It includes:
- Three ways to think about partnerships;
- hurdles for local newsrooms (and how to overcome them);
- hurdles for national newsrooms (and how to overcome them);
- a case study focusing on a data initiative from The Marshall Project; and
- brass tacks on how to start collaborating right now.
Lessons here are focused on local/national relationships but are replicable for all types of collaborative journalism.